Happy Victoria Day weekend to all my fellow Canadians. I totally forgot it was the long weekend. During these days of Quarentine its so easy to loose track. We finally got a moment to go to the cottage up North. It felt so weird to pack our weekend bag and cooler to leave the house. I must admit that once I got there and started unpacking, things got much more real. We felt so blessed to be surround my nature, the beautiful lake and not forgetting the camp fire. The cottage is our family happy place. It is so relaxing and the sound of the Canadian loons makes it just perfect!
Offcourse I had to mix up a perfect cocktail to go with a divine Chacuterie Board made by the kids. Calories at the cottage, don’t count -))
The perfect PEACH Cocktail To get the weekend started…
Frozen Peach Margarita
Makes about 4 servings
- 3 cups fresh peaches (you can use frozen but fresh are sweeter)
- kosher salt or coarsely ground sea salt
- ½ cup silver tequila
- juice of 2 fresh limes
- juice of 1 large orange (blood oranges work well too if they’re in season!)
- 1 teaspoon light agave nectar
- 1 cup crushed ice
1. Add your fresh peaches, tequila, orange and lime juices, agave nectar, and crushed ice to a blender. Blend on medium, then high to mix thoroughly
2. While your margaritas are blending, run a lime wedge around the edge of your margarita glasses. Then, pour your sea salt into a small plate, turn the glasses upside-down, and “spin” the rims into the salt, covered them.
3. Pour peach margarita mixture into salt-rimmed glasses, and garnish with lime wedges. Enjoy!
We could not of asked for more beautiful weather and got lots done to get the summer started. The true fun starts when we can get the boat in the water. I look forward to sharing a lot of moments with you guys.